Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Please Pray

I had a conversation with someone on Sunday and I had commented that I wasn't going to write about what we are seeing going on in the hood anymore. But I soon became very convicted that I'm missing an opportunity to enlist prayer warriors. This person I talked to encouraged & reminded me that the first and most powerful way we can and must influence our neighbors is through prayer.
So, to anyone who may be reading my elementary attempts to blog please partner with us in praying for our neighbors. I don't have to give you specifics for God to know exactly who you are praying for. So, please ask the Lord to reveal Himself to the people involved in the fight a few days ago. On our hearts are specifically the guy who thought it necessary to use a bat, the guy who received the blows from the bat and ask the Lord to guide the two little children out of the darkness they live in. Prior to the fight escalating, these two little ones were quickly hauled out of the house and down the alley to "safety" at 2:00 am. As the Lord leads you please engage with us through our greatest way to influence people; petitioning God on their behalf.
1 John 5:14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

What is His will?
2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Millar knows and is praying!