Friday, February 1, 2008

February, Oh February...

Oh, February you are finally here!!!

I don't know what it is about the start of a new month, week, or day but new beginnings and fresh starts bring hope. The Lord brought to my mind a verse that has brought me much comfort and hope.
2 Corinthians 5:7 We live by faith, not by sight.
I don't know what February holds or even today for that matter but I do know that I must live today not by my sight but by the faith God has given me. The "sight" is quite depressing at times and I'm not just talking about our geographical location. I think of my "sight" as also meaning my "understanding" of situations and people. I'm greatly encouraged by this Scripture as well,
2 Timothy 2:13 if we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown himself.

So there it is...cling to God, focus on Him, trust Him and wait. Then wait some more.
Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

No comments: