Monday, January 21, 2008

A Nobody Serving A Somebody

"A nobody serving a Somebody", "God is worthy of my trust", making oneself "of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant" Phil 2:7....these are some of the things said at a conference I've recently attended where I had the privilege of hearing Helen Roseveare, keynote speaker at Millar College of The Bible's Mission Conference. You can read about Helen Roseveare from Noel Piper's book Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God.

I went to this conference very heavy hearted. Wondering if the Lord was hearing my cry for deliverance, healing and a clear purpose being restored to my life. The Lord met & challenged me there in a huge way. What has stuck with me the most is having been given a challenge to live like a "nobody who is serving a Somebody". To know that the "Somebody" sees all, knows all and is trustworthy of it all. To follow Jesus' example and make myself "of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant". Being content with just this. None of my own achievements, titles, distinctions or other's opinions motivating me onward. Just the knowledge that I am His bondservant of no reputation; the highest calling and privilege.

No comments: