Friday, June 13, 2008

Timely advice from an unlikely source....

Ok, so I'm getting things done around the house and I decide to play a DVD and the last one in the player was the Disney Movie "Ratatouille". I've seen it before and really I was just looking for something to watch while I ate my lunch. So then there is this one line in the movie that just hasn't stopped replaying in my mind. The line of the movie was actually some advice being given to the rat. It went kind of like this "If you are only thinking about what you've left behind you will never see what is ahead of you."
Well, it was words that I really needed to hear at that moment and every time I am tempted to dwell on what I'm leaving or have left behind I hear it replayed in my mind and it snaps me out of sadness and my pity party. I know of a verse that is the authority on this subject of forgeting what is behind and looking to what is ahead;
Philippians 3:12-14 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Joey said...

That is definitely an unexpected source.