Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ministry Should Flow Out Of Intimacy With God

This morning I have been reminded that ministry should flow out of intimacy with God and not the other way around. I can recall specific times through out my life and especially this past year where I have tried to do ministry hoping to attain intimacy with God and I've been deeply disappointed when I came up short.
Nancy Leigh DeMoss shared the ten things she has learned in and about ministry over the last ten years. This helped me to reflect on my own life over the last ten years and this led to repentance in my heart as God showed me the error of my ways & attitudes.
I blog as a way to help remind me of things the Lord has used or done in my heart over time. I want to revisit Nancy's program from Sept 12, 2011 about the ten things she has learned about ministry. Check out reviveourhearts.com if you'd like to hear what Nancy has to say.

No comments: